Parent/Teacher Home Visit Project GrantOrganization
- Parent/Teacher Home Visit ProjectGrant Amount
- Mott FoundationGrant Purpose
- The Parent/Teacher Home Visit Project began as a project of Sacramento Area Congregations Together, an affiliate of PICO National Network. The project proved to be successful, and in 2002, the Parent/Teacher Home Visit Project was separately incorporated in order to facilitate the expansion of the project. Working with local community groups, project staff provides training to parents and teachers for effective home visits. The success led the California state legislature to appropriate funds for teacher pay and training to districts throughout California, and the project is being replicated in other locales across the country.Similar GrantsFlint Area Congregations Together
- $100,000 from the Mott Foundation
- Few regions in the United States have experienced the sustained economic trauma that Flint has while simultaneously demonstrating a remarkable community resilience. One expression of this resilience is the commitment that faith institutions have...PICO National Network
- $350,000 from the Mott Foundation
- PICO National Network is a training institute for organizers and community leaders from 150 cities in 17 states. These local organizations are comprised of congregations and other nonprofit organizations, representing as many as one million...Hatcher Group
- $220,000 from the Mott Foundation
- This grant will enable the Hatcher Group to provide strategic communications technical assistance to nonprofit organizations working in coalitions to establish or expand Earned Income Tax Credit policies at the state level. Specifically,...Goodwill Industries International, Inc.
- $35,000 from the Mott Foundation
- This planning grant to Goodwill Industries International, Inc., will support the development of a microenterprise model that can be replicated at the local level among Goodwills nationwide. Goodwill affiliates, who currently operate microenterprise...International Community Foundation
- $312,000 from the Mott Foundation
- This grant continues support to the U.S.-Mexico Border Philanthropy Partnership, formed in 2002, in order to expand philanthropy and improve the quality of life in the U.S.-Mexico border region. Currently, 19 community foundations are members of...
Recent News from Mott Foundation
Social Enterprise Network Sites